The Phantom Series yanigaba is a sashimi slicing master. Featuring a long, narrow blade that ensures paper-thin slices of fish (and other meats), this ultra-sharp blade sails through fibres in the flesh without tearing or pulling. The blade is thicker than standard kitchen knives to provide heft, rigidity and push the sliced piece away from the fish or body of meat. The yanigiba is a single-bevel blade used primarily by Asian chefs, however they are increasingly popular in the West and used for boneless proteins such as raw poultry slicing, flank, hanger steak, pork tenderloins and other moist and tender meats. Ensure the cleanest cuts imaginable with this precision instrument.
Carefully designed to convey a look of stealthy motion, like a shadow racing through the dark, or a gust of wind blowing through the night, the Phantom Series of knives are elegant, agile and ruthless culinary instruments of exceptional performance.
Featuring Japanese AUS-8 steel beautifully engraved with the Dalstrong name down the spine as well as the Japanese kanji for ‘phantom’ or ‘ghost’. Each blade is painstakingly hand sharpened using the traditional honzabuke method, bringing the edge to a razor sharp 13-15 degrees, ensuring swift, effortless cuts.
Precision forged from a single piece of ice tempered steel, the blade features a narrower width for improved agility and maneuverability, with a traditional Japanese D-shaped black pakkawood handle designed to tuck perfectly in the palm of your hand. Near the bolster a distinct red spacer and carefully crafted mosaic of copper and brass ensures adds elegance and refinement. A hand-polished end cap creates counter balance, ensuring the nimble blade feels more like a ghostly extension of your body, than an ordinary kitchen tool.
A premium-quality polymer Dalstrong DragonLock saya (sheath) folds shut perfectly over the blade, locking into place. A soft suede like interior protects every square inch.
The Dalstrong Phantom Series are a masterful statement in culinary expertise.
• 9.5” precision forged blade with premium Japanese AUS-8 at 58 HRC
• High levels of chromium (Cr) added to steel for stain resistance
• Traditional Japanese single-bevel edge
• Full tang for incredible robustness and quality
• Ice-tempered blade ensures excellent resilience and superior edge retention
• Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 13-15°
• Tapered blade design for durability and flexibility
• Polished spine to facilitate a comfortable pinch grip
• Beautiful hand polished satin finish blade, further refined with detailed engravings