The Shogun Series 12” Chef Knife is a powerhouse blade necessary for any chef or culinary service professional who does large quantities of prep work. This indispensable all-purpose kitchen tool is a master at chopping, slicing, dicing & even mincing. Offering a slightly curved blade, and a bit more heft than it’s shorter counterparts, this chef knife can effortlessly break down large cuts of meat with a single slice. The extra blade length is ideal for heavy duty prep work of larger fruits such as watermelon, squash and pumpkin and endless bags of vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, onions and celery. Designed with productivity in mind, this blade allows you to leave the tip on the cutting board, thus relieving arm and wrist strain and allowing you to go further, longer. Prep twice as much, in half the time.
Painstakingly crafted over 60 days using the highest quality materials, the Shogun Series of knives are both razor-sharp kitchen powerhouses and artistic statement in premium design and workmanship.
The Shogun Series blade is precision forged from a single piece of ultra premium Japanese high-carbon AUS-10V steel with 67-alternating layers of SUS410 damasucs cladding for stain-resistance and durability. Precise cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen increases the steel's crystalline structure, enhancing strength, flexibility and hardness.
Hand-polishing reveals a magnificent visual pattern, Dalstrong’s‘Tsunami Rose’. The super-steel core possesses extra high carbon levels, allowing for scalpel-like sharpness with exceptionally long lasting edge retention. Each knife is hand-finished in the Honbazuke 3-step method, creating a beautiful mirror polished edge at a staggeringly acute 8-10 degrees.
Beautifully engraved into the blade near the bolster is the Dalstrong lionhead logo for further refinement.
The Shogun Series handle is meticulously constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert and non-porous fiberglass-like material. It is highly impervious to both heat and moisture with life-long durability. The carefully engineered ergonomic handle is designed for superior hand control and comfort. while simultaneously being stabilized with an engraved end-cap for agile performance. To further enhance the beauty, an intricate copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet.
• Scalpel like sharpness at a staggering 8-12°degree angle per side. Sail through culinary challenges.
• Incredible Edge Retention at 62+ Rockwell. Cut longer, go further.
• AUS-10V Japanese super steel core. The ultimate steel for the ultimate performance.
• 67-Layered Damascus sharpened under the ancient 3-step Honbazuke method and married to bleeding edge technology.
• Tapered bolster provides a perfect ‘zero-balance’ balance, finger protection and gently encourages a natural and comfortable pinch grip
• Rust/Corrosion resistant cladding means your knife will stay cleaner and last longer
• Hand-polished spine enhances comfort across very grips
• Featuring Dalstrong’s exquisite Shogun Series Tsunami Rose blade pattern, for striking, stand out beauty.
• Full tang - maximum robustness. This knife is built to last a lifetime.
• Triple riveted - even further resilience.
• Beautifully engraved. Performance and looks.
• Tapered blade for minimal slicing resistance and non-stick properties
• Cleans easily
• Precise cryogenic tempering increases the steel’s crystalline structure, enhancing, strength, flexibility and hardness
• Military grade G10 handle for life-long durability
• Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture
• Ergonomic handle for superior hand control, agility and comfort
• Non-slip grip
• Engraved end cap for further distinction
• Intricate copper mosaic enhances beauty
• Shogun Series 12" Chef Knife
• PerfectFit Dalstrong Sheath
• Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging