The ultimate Japanese fish butchering knife. Traditionally used in Japan for the butchery of whole fish, the Shogun Series “S’ Single Bevel 6”, 3.5mm thick Deba Knife is designed not only to excel in the preparation of fish, including chopping, gutting and filleting with precision, but also fairs excellently to part out poultry or for use as a vegetable cleaver. The heavier, thicker blade versus western style fillet knives provides for a different experience, one that many chefs prefer.
The Shinogi surface of the knife runs along the flat surface of the blade to the edge, allowing for a narrow, razor like profile. This allows for a sharper, more precise knife, perfecting softer and thinner cuts as well as proficiency in tasks such as the removal of scales and ribs of small to medium sized fish. The Urasuki edge of the blade is the gentle concave surface of the backside of the blade, creating a slight air pocket while slicing, ensuring minimal drag and a smoother surface, sailing through fibres of of flesh without tearing or pulling and with minimal effort. Finally, the Uraoshi surface; the thin, flat rim that surrounds the Urasuki, and along with the heft of the blade, serves to optimize performance and enhance the strength of the blade.
Most traditional Japanese deba knives knives are much thicker, heavier an have less flex than Western style equivalents (slicer, fillet and boning), and this is also the case with the Dalstrong S-bevel. The 3mm thickness and heavy weight provide the heft required to move through cartilage and joints while also separating meat from bone. The Dalstrong S-bevel is a great option for those looking to explore traditional Japanese design.
The Shogun Series ’S’ single bevel blade is precision forged from a single piece of ultra premium Japanese high-carbon AUS-10V steel laminated on either side for stain-resistance and durability. Precise cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen increases the steel's crystalline structure, enhancing strength, flexibility and hardness.
Gorgeously laminated and hot-forged, the “Metal-Storm” pattern on the blade minimizes drag and stuck on food while maximizing your slicing efficiency, allowing you to glide through prep. The super-steel core possesses extra high carbon levels, allowing for scalpel-like sharpness with exceptionally long lasting edge retention. Each knife is hand-finished in the Honbazuke 3-step method, creating a beautiful mirror polished edge at a staggeringly acute 10 degrees.
New to this series, the traditional octagon shaped handle. Meticulously constructed of a handsome combination of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military grade, non-porous & fibreglass like material and stunning Red Rosewood. The carefully engineered handle is designed for superior hand control and tapers slightly larger towards the tail of the handle, allowing for tactile feedback for better use of your knife. To further enhance the beauty, an intricate copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet.
Included with each knife is a handcrafted wood saya (sheath) with embedded magnet to ensure a perfectly secure fit, instilling confidence that your blade is carefully protected.
Please note that this knife is best suited for LEFT HANDED chefs.
• Scalpel like sharpness at a staggering 8-12°degree angle per side. Sail through culinary challenges.
• Incredible Edge Retention at 62+ Rockwell. Cut longer, go further.
• AUS-10V Japanese super steel core. The ultimate steel for the ultimate performance.
• 67-Layered Damascus sharpened under the ancient 3-step Honbazuke method and married to bleeding edge technology.
• Tapered bolster provides a perfect ‘zero-balance’ balance, finger protection and gently encourages a natural and comfortable pinch grip
• Rust/Corrosion resistant cladding means your knife will stay cleaner and last longer
• Hand-polished spine enhances comfort across very grips
• Featuring Dalstrong’s exquisite Shogun Series Tsunami Rose blade pattern, for striking, stand out beauty.
• Full tang - maximum robustness. This knife is built to last a lifetime.
• Triple riveted - even further resilience.
• Beautifully engraved. Performance and looks.
• Tapered blade for minimal slicing resistance and non-stick properties
• Cleans easily
• Precise cryogenic tempering increases the steel’s crystalline structure, enhancing, strength, flexibility and hardness
• Military grade G10 handle for life-long durability
• Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture
• Ergonomic handle for superior hand control, agility and comfort
• Non-slip grip
• Engraved end cap for further distinction
• Intricate copper mosaic enhances beauty
• Shogun Series "S"- Single Bevel 6" Deba Knife LEFT HANDED
• PerfectFit Dalstrong Sheath
• Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging