The Dalstrong Shogun Series X 6” AUS-10V chef knife with a tsuchime finish. Supreme function meets stunning elegance.
The perfect size for perfect control. This short length chef knife is an indispensable and highly maneuverable piece of cutlery, lighter and nimbler than it’s larger brothers, the blade is designed to work alongside you day in and day out.
Painstakingly crafted over 60 days using the highest quality materials, it is both a razor-sharp kitchen powerhouse and artistic statement in premium design and workmanship.
The Shogun Series X 55mm wide blade is precision forged from a single piece of 66-layered damascus high-carbon stainless steel cladding, with an ultra premium Japanese AUS-10V steel cutting core, with an added vacuum seal treatment. Precise cryogenic tempering with liquid nitrogen increases the steel's crystalline structure, enhancing strength, flexibility and hardness. The increased blade width allows for improved knuckle clearance.
The exquisite hammered tsuchime finish is not only a beautiful statement in craftsmanship, it also serves the purpose of reducing drag and minimizing stuck on food.
Hand-polishing reveals a magnificent visual pattern, Dalstrong’s‘Tsunami Rose’. The super-steel core possesses extra high carbon levels, allowing for scalpel-like sharpness with exceptionally long lasting edge retention. Each knife is hand-finished in the Honbazuke 3-step method, creating a beautiful mirror polished edge at a staggeringly acute 10 degrees per side.
Beautifully engraved into the blade near the bolster is the Dalstrong lionhead logo for further refinement.
The Shogun Series X handle is meticulously constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert and non-porous fiberglass-like material. It is highly impervious to both heat and moisture with life-long durability. The carefully engineered ergonomic handle is designed for superior hand control and comfort. while simultaneously being stabilized with an engraved end-cap for agile performance. To further enhance the beauty, an intricate copper mosaic pin adorns the center rivet.
A premium -quality polymer Dalstrong PerfectFit saya (sheath) with embossed Dalstrong logo and pin is included with the set to ensure your blade is carefully protected.
• 6” precision forged blade with an ultra-premium Japanese AUS-10V ‘super steel’ cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness for unrivaled performance and incredible edge retention. With a specialized vacuum heat-treatment which upgrades performance.
• 66-layers of high-carbon stainless steel cladding provides exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance.
• Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished to a mirror polish within a staggering 8-12° degree angle per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method.
• Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance
• Featuring Dalstrong’s exquisite Shogun Series Tsunami Rose blade pattern, for striking, stand out beauty.
• Dalstrong lion head logo engraved for additional refinement